Dosher Memorial Hospital officials announced that they are entering Phase 1 of the hospital’s seven-year master facility plan.
According to a news release, Phase 1 will take about three years to complete and will include the following renovations and expansions to the hospital and medical clinics:
- Expansion of current Central Sterile space and installing a second washer to expand throughout
- Addition of three provider workspaces at Dosher Medical Plaza on Long Beach Road
- Construction of two additional provider pods on Oak Island
- Expansion of hospital space lab to 2,409 square feet to increase waiting area and bench space, adding a blood draw station and patient restroom
- Expansion of the pharmacy to 2,243 square feet
- Building a new 8,000-square-foot Emergency Department Complex, which will stand at the corner of East Ninth and North Howe streets.
The new emergency department will increase the current treatment spaces from 10 to 14 and include the addition of six to eight vertical care chairs, to streamline wait times and care for patients of lower acuity. The new ED space will include its own X-Ray, lab draw station and registration desk. The old emergency department will be converted to clinic space for medical providers.
Lynda Stanley, president and CEO of Dosher, said in the release, “As our community grows, Dosher must continue to grow as well. The master facility plan will support Dosher’s mission in providing extraordinary care through these vital renovations and upgrades. Furthermore, this project illustrates how our area’s tax dollars are reinvesting in local healthcare.”
Dosher Memorial also recently announced that the Dosher Patient Accounts/Business Office is relocating from Smithville Crossing Shopping Center in Southport to the Dosher Wellness Center. The address of the Dosher Wellness Center is 3009 Medical Plaza Lane, Southport, which is adjacent to the SeaSide Gate of St. James Plantation, off Middleton Boulevard.
According to an April 24 news release, the change was expected to go into effect the second week of May, as follows:
- Patient Accounts was set to be closed, May 8 for its relocation.
- Patient Accounts at the Dosher Wellness Center was anticipated to reopen to the public on May 9.
The hours for the Business Office, which are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., will remain the same in the new location.