The Rising Tide Team’s core values consist of choosing humility, building relationships, being people of integrity, willing to learn and grow, and adding value by being resourceful and communicating effectively. We choose to focus on what is right to help our clients reach their individual goals.
The Cape Fear Region is experiencing a bustling real estate market. Whether buying or selling, these tips from the experienced local professionals at The Rising Tide Team
will help you along the way.
- Competition is strong, so be ready to make a strong offer.
- Obtain proof of funds or a pre-approval letter early – you may need it just to view a property.
- When making an offer, generous Due Diligence money usually speaks louder than earnest money.
- Plan for about 21 days of due diligence for a loan purchase or 10-14 days for cash – and use that time wisely to survey and perform inspections.
- A 30-day closing is usually best, but, if the seller can’t move in time, consider allowing them to keep possession after closing for a week or so.
- For the hottest properties, only ask for a home warranty if the home inspection reveals an issue.
- Ask your agent to gather a list of “comps” to allow your offer to be at market value, or slightly higher.
- Even though it’s generally a seller’s market, overpricing your home will not equal a sale – especially not a quick one.
- Prepare your home for the market by making needed repairs, cleaning, and decluttering; and a professionally staged home can drive the strongest offers.
- If your home is priced well at under $500,000, in a desirable location, and in good repair, be prepared for multiple offers.
- Obtaining your own home inspection will save you from surprises during due diligence.
- Current market conditions present a great opportunity to sell, but be sure to ask yourself, “Where will I be moving?” Have a plan in place to relocate within a month of accepting an offer to ensure the transition goes smoothly.
- If you need to sell your home to be in the best financial position to purchase a new one, today’s market will present you with some unique considerations. As a seller, you should consider the tips above to get the best offers. But as a buyer, you may have to wait to receive the funds from selling to be most competitive for your next home, especially if it’s a multiple offer situation. Consider finding a home that needs some work done. Usually, these homes do not receive multiple offers. Once your fixer-upper is under contract, sell yours, and make your new one fabulous.
Buying or selling a home in a highly sought-after area like the Cape Fear Region presents an exciting opportunity! Seize that opportunity by choosing an experienced, local real estate teammate from the Rising Tide Team to help you get the results you deserve.
In July of 2008, I began my real estate career. As the Great Recession began, I had the privilege (only from hindsight) to grow and learn how to navigate the ever-changing waters of our local market. At heart, I am a teacher and attempt to educate my clients on current market conditions, enabling them to make the best decision for their family. The difficult early years have provided me with the experience and vast understanding of the local market to play an important role on The Rising Tide Team.