A commercial real estate organization in Wilmington is accepting entries for its 2024 Awards of Excellence, according to a news release.
Cape Fear CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) in the Wilmington area, recently announced its sixth annual Awards of Excellence will be held Feb. 22, 2024, at 11 a.m. at the Wilmington Convention Center. The group is accepting nominations through Oct. 31 this year.
According to the relaese, the awards "recognize excellence and leadership in commercial real estate throughout the Cape Fear Region, including the city of Wilmington and the counties of New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Onslow, Duplin, Sampson, Columbus, and Bladen."
Cape Fear CREW welcomes submissions and nominations from both the public and Cape Fear CREW members, along with their companies, business colleagues and partners.
Nominating a company or submitting projects or deals for consideration is free, the release stated. Links to the nomination forms are available online along with criteria for nominations in the categories of:
- Dealmaker Award, recognizing a person or team who demonstrated excellence, resourcefulness, collaboration, and industry best practices while working on a successful transaction.
- Economic and Community Enhancement Award, honoring projects that promote economic development and/or enhance communities by improving quality of life and fostering the overall social and economic interest of those communities.
- Best Design Award, recognizing exceptional design and the intentional and impactful design decisions that were part of a project in the Cape Fear Region.
- Career Advancement for Women Award, recognizing a company or individual who consistently exemplifies Cape Fear CREW’s commitment to elevating the status of women by supporting the advancement of the careers of women and who has shown leadership in encouraging and promoting women within the leadership team. Nominees do not need to be Cape Fear CREW members or work within the commercial real estate industry.
- Best Development Award, recognizing a team who worked together on a development, major renovation, or redevelopment project in the Cape Fear Region that demonstrates excellence in functionality, aesthetics, environmental sensitivity and sustainability, and relationship to surroundings.
Two awards will be nominated and voted on by the Cape Fear CREW Board of Directors:
- Impact Award, recognizing an individual or company who has consistently exemplified the traits of outstanding leadership in the commercial real estate industry and who has made a significant contribution to, and has had a significant positive influence on, the Cape Fear region’s commercial real estate industry.
- Beth Quinn Excellence Award, honoring a Cape Fear CREW member who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and outstanding contributions toward the success of Cape Fear CREW and exemplifies the values and spirit of the late Beth Quinn, a founder of the Cape Fear CREW Chapter and leader within the region’s commercial real estate industry.