The New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority has announced its board appointments for 2021, according to a news release.
Appointments to the New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority (TDA) Board are made by the county commissioners. Deb Hays, vice-chair of the commissioners, was appointed to serve on the TDA Board as the New Hanover County Commissioner representative, stated the release.
The board’s 2021 officers are: Jason Spencer Bryant, general manager of Bryant Real Estate, is chair; Nicole Jones, general manager of Hilton Garden Inn, is vice-chair; Angela Rhodes, co-owner of Catch Modern Seafood Cuisine, is secretary; and Lisa Wurtzbacher, New Hanover County finance officer, is treasurer.
Daniel Perkins, assistant general manager of the Hotel Ballast Wilmington Tapestry Collection by Hilton, recently completed his second term as chair and will serve on the executive board as immediate past chair, stated the release.
Other 2021 appointments to the New Hanover County TDA Board of Directors are:
- Mary Baggett, owner of Blockade Runner Beach Resort, was appointed to represent Wrightsville Beach hotels.
- Bryant was reappointed to represent vacation rental properties.
- Michael "Hap" Fatzinger, director of the N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher, was appointed to represent New Hanover County attractions.
- Jones was reappointed to represent Wilmington hotels (less than 150 rooms).
- Perkins was reappointed to represent Wilmington hotels (greater than 150 rooms).
- Tom Ullring, general manager of Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach Oceanfront, was appointed to represent Carolina Beach hotels.
The New Hanover County TDA, doing business as Wilmington and Beaches Convention & Visitors Bureau, markets and develops the county and its communities’ leisure and group travel experiences for economic growth and quality of place, according to the release. Kim Hufham serves as president/CEO of the New Hanover County TDA.