From marine biology research to community coworking, this year’s group of Coastal Entrepreneur Award winners represent a cross section of business activity in the region.
The Coastal Entrepreneur Awards, organized by the Greater Wilmington Business Journal and UNCW’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, are intended to “boost entrepreneurship in the Wilmington region by showcasing up-and-coming companies and helping them connect with potential mentors, investors and clients,” according to organizers.
An event to highlight the category winners as well as to name the 2021 Coastal Entrepreneur of the Year will take place later this year. A special edition of the Business Journal on May 7 will profile the winning organizations and entrepreneurs.
The 2021 Coastal Entrepreneur Award winners are:
• Biotechnology: SeaTox Research Inc.
• Emerging Company: SmartFox Technologies
• Film: Blue Roll LLC
• Health Care: OpiAID
• Internet-Related Business: Hybrid Athlete Foundation
• Manufacturing & Distribution: SOS Life Sciences Corp.
• Minority-Owned Business: MeMa’s Chick’n & Ribs
• Nonprofit: Pender County Christian Services
• Retail & Hospitality: Topsail Steamer
• Professional Services: Genesis Block
• Technology: Vantaca
For more info, go to CoastalEntrepreneur.com.