The deadline to apply for the $4.5 million Hospitality, Retail and Service Industry Grant managed by the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce has been extended to 11:59 p.m. July 30, according to a chamber news release Wednesday.
The original deadline
was July 15.
According to the release, businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in the restaurant, bar, retail, leisure, hospitality, childcare and service sectors are encouraged to apply. The grant is being funded by federal relief funds received by New Hanover County and the city of Wilmington.
Grants will be scaled in size based on the number of employees retained by the applying companies and the need demonstrated, the release stated.
Businesses with the following number of employees may be eligible for grants in the following amounts:
- One-10 employees: up to $10,000
- 11-25 employees: up to $25,000
- 26+ employees: up to $50,000
The funds must be spent by Aug. 30, 2022.
Other guidelines include:
- Funds can only be used for payroll to hire and rehire employees or for additional expenditures related to the business complying with state and local orders to be COVID-19 compliant.
- These funds may not be used for rent, utilities or expenditures related to normal business operations outside of payroll.
- Qualifying businesses must be independent, locally-owned and physically located in New Hanover County.
- Businesses must have been in operation for six months prior to March 2020.
- At least one or more business owners must be a resident of New Hanover County.
For questions about the Hospitality, Retail & Service Grant program, call (910) 762-2611 or email [email protected]