If you are thinking of selling your home, there is no doubt you want to get the most out of your real estate. At Network Real Estate, we know a few things you can do to not only attract buyers but also actually increase your home’s value.
Read on for our top five ways to increase your bottom line.
1) Make sure your indoor systems are in good working order. This is one of the most important factors during a home appraisal. Your indoor systems include plumbing, sewer, heating and electric. Regardless of how appealing your home is on the outside, it’s important that the systems inside it are functional. Make any necessary repairs and watch your ROI increase in front of your eyes.
2) Tackle exterior replacements, such as front doors, garage doors, siding and windows. According to Remodeling Magazine, replacing these key exteriors could increase your ROI by over 70 percent. In addition to the updated look and feel, replacing old doors and windows can also make your home more energy efficient.
3) Update your kitchen and bathrooms. More than any other rooms in the house, the kitchen and bathrooms make a big difference to your home’s overall value. The layout and appliances of these rooms directly affect your bottom line. Update your counters, cabinetry and appliances to match the price point you hope to sell your home for. Ideally, both the bathrooms and kitchen should be open, modern and easy to maneuver in, rather than cramped and dim.
4) Convert storage spaces, such as attics and basements, into bedrooms. Did you know that each additional bedroom increases your home’s value to buyers? You can recoup nearly the entire cost of remodeling and broaden your home’s appeal to different buyers. Make sure the additional bedrooms are well lit, modern and have updated walls and floors. Don’t forget about the proper permits and inspections for any conversions.
5) Go green! This is a big one for increasing property value. Greening your home can really affect the bottom line, increasing your selling price and getting your home noticed by a wider audience. Solar panels and solar siding are large projects that make a big difference, but there are plenty of smaller changes that can make your home greener. Improve energy efficiency by tightening your windows and doors and adding insulation so heat and air conditioning don’t go to waste. Use more efficient lighting, water-efficient fixtures and environmentally friendly appliances. Use ecologically responsible materials to furnish and carpet your home. Ventilate and invest in new filters to decrease the pollutants in your home.
Now that your home is in tiptop shape, it’s time to get it on the market. Network Real Estate can provide you with even more information on how to increase the value of your home before making a sale. Contact one of our qualified Realtors to make your ideal selling price a reality.
Neal Johnson is a CMCA, CRB, CNE and GRI-certified, licensed real estate broker at Network Real Estate, which has exclusively served a high volume of property sales and purchases in the greater Wilmington area for more than 30 years. With three offices at College Road, historic downtown Wilmington and Pleasure Island, Network’s brokers are widespread and well-versed in this marketplace, making Network a preferred real estate company for first-time homebuyers and beyond.
Audrey Elsberry - Sep 22, 2023
Golf products, biodegradable packaging and ophthalmic devices eye success....
A gallery, swimwear and handmade leather goods create buzz...
HR company works to provide other companies with human resources solutions....