And life keeps changing as life goes on . . .
As we discussed in previous articles, people really do not “change” – rather, we evolve, through education, experience or feedback.
Our preferences reflect our strengths, measurable at an early age. How we learn to adapt those strengths in different environments, and with different individuals, is what creates pathways to success. What we really hope to learn are the most effective ways to adapt – to reach not only our own goals, but to help others reach their goals, too.
The Forté Adapting Update Report identifies how an individual has been adapting to his or her environment over the past 30-day period.
Forté also has the ability to longitudinally track and graph how an individual or team is adapting to a specific environment, specific individual, or both.
Forté updates individuals on how they are adapting their strengths, current logic style, current stamina level and current goals index. With each adapting update, they also learn how they are most likely coming across to others now and for the next 30 days. This is invaluable information for both leaders and their teams. From this update, a new communication style strategy is presented to use for the next 30-day period.
Most people find page 9 of the report most interesting, as it shares current potentials for misunderstanding and precisely what to do about them.
The report contains:
- Current adapting profile analysis - This describes how the respondent is adapting from his or her primary strengths to the current environment.
- Current logic style - How the individual is currently making decisions, through reliance on levels of facts or feelings.
- Current stamina level – The stamina level of the respondent is a measure of how “for it” they are currently feeling. This is a key factor in the development and maintenance of exceptional performance.
- Current goals index - How the individual feels about achievement of current goals, or the level of satisfaction toward accomplishments in the current environment. The stamina and goals indices together help understand and develop resiliency.
- Current perceiver profile - This lets the respondent know how he or she is “most likely” coming across to others now and, typically, for the next 30 days.
- The Forté communication strategy - This crisp, to-the-point strategy coaches the respondent on how to best adapt and communicate internalized feelings that may not be coming across to others as intended in the present timeframe.
- Trending graphs - These are provided for all Forté measures, meaning that Forté is not a once- then-done report. Forté develops and grows with the individual and can become a lifetime coach for successful personal, family and career development.
Business benefits include:
- Increased self-awareness and awareness of the evolving environment. The report focuses on a person’s strengths, thereby encouraging positivity.
- Provides people with immediate understanding and strategies to succeed right here, right now.
- It’s effective and useful in everyday communications. Forté supports the development of real-life objectives and goals.
- The survey is online and, literally, just takes minutes to complete.
- It works! Over 80% of the individuals who have used Forté believe it to be highly accurate and that it resulted in improved communication.
When you think about it, each of us is adapting throughout the day. Whether your interactions are with team members, clients, patients, peers, bosses, siblings, children, or parents, how you learn the most effective ways to adapt to others in situations can only make your life better.
If you would like to take the journey with us, click here
and you'll be taken to our website, where you can complete your own complimentary Forté Communication Style Report.
C.D. “Hoop” Morgan, III is the founder and chairman of The Forté Institute, LLC, a global behavioral sciences firm best known for developing and providing innovative people, process and interpersonal performance improvement solutions. Forté provides online communication style reports to more than 6,000 corporate clients throughout the globe. To learn more about the company, go to www.theforteinstitute.com or call (910) 452-5152.